If you’re feeling under the weather or just need a soothing drink, you might want to try the medicine ball at Starbucks. This popular beverage, also known as the honey citrus mint tea, is a blend of hot water, lemonade, honey, and two kinds of tea: peach tranquility and jade citrus mint. It’s said to help relieve cold and flu symptoms, as well as boost your immune system and mood.
But how do you order a medicine ball on the Starbucks app? It’s actually quite simple, once you know the official name and where to find it. In this article, we’ll show you how to order a medicine ball on the Starbucks app in a few easy steps. We’ll also share some tips on how to customize your drink and make it at home.
What is a Medicine Ball?
A medicine ball is a hot tea drink that was originally a secret menu item at Starbucks. It was created by customers who wanted a soothing and comforting drink to help them cope with colds and flu. The drink became so popular that Starbucks added it to their official menu in 2017, under the name of honey citrus mint tea. ¹
The medicine ball consists of four main ingredients: hot water, lemonade, honey, and tea. The tea is a combination of two herbal teas: peach tranquility and jade citrus mint. Peach tranquility is a caffeine-free tea that contains chamomile, peach, pineapple, and lemon verbena. Jade citrus mint is a green tea that contains lemongrass, mint, and lemon. ²
The medicine ball has a sweet and tangy flavor, with hints of peach, citrus, and mint. It also has a soothing and warming effect, thanks to the honey and lemonade. Some people claim that the drink can help ease sore throats, coughs, congestion, and fever. However, there is no scientific evidence to support these claims. ³
How to Order a Medicine Ball on the Starbucks App
Ordering a medicine ball on the Starbucks app is easy and convenient. You can skip the line and pick up your drink at your preferred location. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Starbucks app on your smartphone and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Order” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “Hot Teas” category and scroll down to the “Green Teas” section.
- Tap on the “Honey Citrus Mint Tea” option. This is the official name of the medicine ball. ⁴
- Choose the size of your drink. You can choose from short (8 oz), tall (12 oz), grande (16 oz), or venti (20 oz).
- Tap on the “Customize” button if you want to change the amount of lemonade, honey, or tea bags in your drink. You can also add other ingredients, such as whipped cream, cinnamon, or peppermint syrup. ⁵
- Tap on the “Add to Order” button and proceed to checkout.
- Choose your pickup location and pay for your order.
- Enjoy your medicine ball!
How to Order a Medicine Ball in Person
If you prefer to order a medicine ball in person, you can do so at any Starbucks store. However, you might encounter some confusion if you ask for a medicine ball by its unofficial name. Some baristas might not know what you’re talking about, or they might charge you extra for a custom drink. ⁶
To avoid any misunderstanding, it’s better to order a medicine ball by its official name: honey citrus mint tea. You can also specify the ingredients and quantities that you want, such as:
- One venti cup of half hot water and half steamed lemonade
- One bag of peach tranquility tea and one bag of jade citrus mint tea
- Two pumps of honey
You can also customize your drink with other ingredients, such as whipped cream, cinnamon, or peppermint syrup. However, keep in mind that some customizations might incur an additional charge.
How to Make a Medicine Ball at Home
If you want to save some money and make a medicine ball at home, you can do so with a few simple ingredients. You’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of lemonade
- 1 bag of peach tranquility tea (or any peach-flavored herbal tea)
- 1 bag of jade citrus mint tea (or any green tea with mint and citrus)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Lemon slices, for garnishing
- 1 drop of peppermint extract (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring the water and lemonade to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes, or longer if you want a stronger flavor.
- Stir in the honey and peppermint extract, if using.
- Pour the tea into a large mug and garnish with lemon slices.
- Enjoy your homemade medicine ball!
A medicine ball is a delicious and soothing drink that can help you feel better when you’re sick or just need a pick-me-up. You can order it on the Starbucks app or in person, under the name of honey citrus mint tea. You can also customize it with different ingredients, such as whipped cream, cinnamon, or peppermint syrup. Or, you can make it at home with a few simple ingredients, such as water, lemonade, honey, and tea.
If you’re looking for a hot tea drink that can boost your immune system and mood, give the medicine ball a try. You might be surprised by how good it tastes and how good it makes you feel.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the medicine ball:
- Q: How many calories are in a medicine ball?
- A: According to the Starbucks website, a grande (16 oz) honey citrus mint tea has 130 calories, 0 grams of fat, 34 grams of carbs, 0 grams of protein, and 30 grams of sugar. ⁷
- Q: How much caffeine is in a medicine ball?
- A: According to the Starbucks website, a grande (16 oz) honey citrus mint tea has 16 mg of caffeine, which is about the same as a cup of decaf coffee. ⁸
- Q: Is a medicine ball vegan?
- A: Yes, a medicine ball is vegan, as long as you don’t add any animal-derived ingredients, such as whipped cream or honey. You can substitute honey with agave nectar, maple syrup, or another vegan sweetener. ⁹
- Q: Is a medicine ball gluten-free?
- A: Yes, a medicine ball is gluten-free, as long as you don’t add any ingredients that contain gluten, such as cinnamon dolce syrup or caramel drizzle. [^10^]
- Q: What are some other names for a medicine ball?
- A: A medicine ball has several other names, such as sick tea, cold buster, or honey citrus mint tea. However, the official name on the Starbucks menu is honey citrus mint tea.
How to Order a Medicine Ball at Starbucks – wikiHow. https://www.wikihow.com/Order-a-Medicine-Ball-at-Starbucks
Hi, I’m deoravijendra, a professional content writer and digital marketer with 5 years of SEO experience. I’m passionate about crafting compelling content and optimizing online presence for maximum impact.